CEDAR PARK SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS CERTIFICATION
The Cedar Park Chamber of Commerce and the City of Cedar Park have partnered to form a Green Business Initiative encouraging all businesses to strive for long-term environmental sustainability. Adopted in 2018, the Sustainable Business scorecard helps identify and recognize the environmentally-sustainable accomplishments of participating businesses. Any entity conducting business in the Cedar Park area is welcome to pursue annual certification through the completion and submission of Sustainable Business scorecard.
This program has been developed to recognize, acknowledge and build a community of trust among participating organizations. To better prepare for certification, consider how sustainability relates to your business with regard to these pillars of sustainability:
Efficiency and Quality
How does your business improve efficiency in waste, energy, transportation, water and the supply chain
How does your business address air quality, thermal comfort, greenery/nature, and water quality?
Growth and Resiliency
How does your business engage employees, conduct public outreach, and address risk management?
The scorecard consists of six categories. Businesses may accrue points by reporting any of the following initiatives they are taking towards sustainability in their application.
1. ELECTRICITY (3 pts. each; maximum 12 pts.)
- Example: Do you utilize motion-sensors for indoor lighting?
2. TRANSPORTATION (3 pts. each; maximum 12 pts.)
- Example: Do employees have access to a bike rack or other appropriate bike parking?
3. RECYCLING (3 pts. each; maximum 12 pts.)
- Example: Are recycling bins provided to all employees?
4. WATER (3 pts. each; maximum 12 pts.)
- Example: Does your facility have low flow faucets, aerators, shower heads and water saving toilets?
5. EDUCATION/OUTREACH(3 pts. each; maximum 12 pts.)
- Example: Do you host trainings or educational sessions on sustainability?
6. INNOVATION (3 pts. each; maximum 12 pts.)
- Example: Are any sources of renewable energy (i.e., solar panels) installed at your facility