Business After Hours
The Cedar Park Chamber of Commerce Business After Hours is a monthly networking event that brings together current and prospective members to develop professional relationships in a relaxed environment. Local businesses open their doors for these sponsored events, which feature food and drinks, door prize drawings, tours of member businesses and, of course, plenty of networking. These complimentary networking events offer the opportunity for attendees to mingle with other professionals while supporting the host and learning more about their company. This event is usually held on a Thursday each month from 5:00 to 7:00 PM. Attendance at Business After Hours events ranges from 50 - 75 business professionals representing a variety of local companies.
For more information, please contact 512.260.7800 or email@example.com
TOP 5 NETWORKING TIPS
- Bring lots of business cards.
- Discover what you can do for someone else. Networking is about creating relationships, not making the sale. You'll find it actually takes the pressure off.
- The name tag is worn on the right side. This is to provide an easy sight-line to your name when shaking hands.
- Review your "thirty second commercial"—a brief statement that summarizes what you do and the benefits you offer clients.
- Remember to circulate. Try to meet at least seven new people at each event.
TOP 5 NETWORKING QUESTIONS
Ask questions. This is a good way to discover what you can do for someone else. Ask a few questions to find out a person's passion and before you know it, you've started a conversation.
- What do you do?
- How long have you done it?
- What do you enjoy most about what you do?
- What types of individuals or companies do you typically work with?
- Have you been to any other Chamber events lately?
Sponsor Host - $300 – 12 Available
- Your company’s logo featured in all marketing materials including the Chamber’s e-newsletter Friday Forecast (current subscriber base is over 1,200) and event page on the Chamber website
- Listed as a Featured event on the Chamber website
- E-blast to all Members sent one week prior to your event
- Attendees will get to see your building or facility and become familiar with where you are located
- Your chosen representative will be introduced and given a few minutes to speak to the attendees. This is a great time to introduce key staff members that are in attendance, speak about what sets your company apart from the competition, or to highlight any new products or services you provide.
- Giving away door prizes is another opportunity to promote your company and increase excitement at the event. You may also have staff members pass out promotional materials or flyers as guests leave