Policy for a Successful Ribbon Cutting or Ground Breaking
The Cedar Park Chamber exclusively offers ribbon cuttings and ground breaking to its members. We are pleased to organize and publicize our member’s ribbon cuttings, grand openings and ground breakings,.
This is usually done in the event that a company has recently opened, moved to a new location or expanded its current location.
The Chamber’s role consists of:
- Sending out invitations to our Ambassador Committee, Chamber Board of Directors and City officials.
- Posting your event announcement in the Cedar Park Chamber Newsletter printed in the Hill Country Newspaper. (Deadline for event submissions for the newsletter is the 3rd Wednesday of each month)
- Sending out your event announcement in the Friday Forecast one week before your event.
- Posting details of the event on the Chamber website calendar, facebook page and twitter.
- Providing the scissors and ribbon.
- Gold Shovels are available for Ground Breakings
- Posting your event pictures on our website, facebook page and Newsletter.
Criteria for Chamber involvement in such events are:
- Opening events are held for Chamber members only.
- Opening events are restricted to new business in the area or businesses opening at a new location within the area.
- Event must be arranged with the chamber 3 weeks in advance of the event date.
- Ribbon cuttings and ground breakings will be held on normal business hours Monday through Thursday between 9 am - 3:30 pm and Friday from 9 am - noon. The recommended days being Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday during the Noon hour - 3:30 pm. Special exceptions can be made with the approval of the President & CEO. In consideration of those attending. Only one ribbon cutting will be scheduled per day.
- When you arrange your event, the Chamber must confirm the availability of the date on the Chamber calendar. Please keep in mind that the date you want may possibly not be available so choose several possible dates for your event. Please check the chamber calendar on this website for available dates
- Opening events will be attended by the Chamber's Ambassadors, an official representative of the Cedar Park Chamber of Commerce and city officials as scheduling allows.
- Hosts that wish to include the ribbon cutting with a larger event may do so. However, the responsibilities of the Chamber in that event are the same as Ribbon Cuttings stated above.
Tips for a Successful Ribbon Cutting
The More the Merrier…
While the Chamber invites Chamber Ambassadors, City officials and Chamber Staff, we encourage businesses to invite clients, vendors, neighboring businesses, family and friends to ribbon cuttings. This is not only to have a large gathering for photo opportunities; it enables the business to showcase its assets to more people in the community.
Celebrate and Decorate…
Celebrate this great event by having festive décor—balloons and company signage not only draw attention to your business, it brings a celebratory spirit to the ceremony and makes it easier for attendees to locate your business.
Chips, Dip and Everything in Between…
Since celebrations traditionally take place during the lunch hours of 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., we encourage member businesses to have refreshments, snacks, cake, etc., for attending guests. This also adds to the flair of the event! We encourage you to choose a chamber member if you would like your event catered.
Give guests a brief tour of your company and explain its function. You may never know what this can do for making business contacts in the future!
For new members to take advantage of this service, payment of membership investment must be made in-full before publicizing any event.
To schedule a ribbon cutting or ground breaking please email
email@example.com or call 512-260-7800.