Harrell Hospitality Group is a Dallas based hotel owner and management company committed to creating exceptional value for guests, owners, and members of the Harrell Hospitality team. HHG’s foundation is built on being knowledgeable, accountable, responsive, honest, ethical, innovative, fair, professional and efficient. Goals are pursued with a steady determination, but HHG remains flexible in finding solutions through constant reexamination and retooling.
HHG’s Guiding Principles are the standards we use to make our decisions, and include ideals such as;
- Serve the Community
- Do the Right Thing
- Be Accountable
- Grow & Learn
- Work Life Balance
- Celebrate Achievements & Diversity
HHG believes that a company is only as strong as its team members. Team members are encouraged by their superiors to push themselves and are provided with the resources to ensure that success is achieved.
We are currently searching for a Sales Manager for the Hyatt Place Cedar Park, Texas.
Why should you work here?
- Fun, collaborative work environment!
- Company sponsored medical, dental and vision insurance
- Quarterly incentive/bonus payouts!
- Regular recognition and appreciation for a job well done
- Experience with a Hyatt brand desired
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule
- Be able to manage time effectively, complete required tasks on time
- Must be willing to make regular outside sales calls
- Will be held accountable to call goals and financial results
Education & Experience:
- At least 2 years of progressive sales experience in an upscale hotel environment. Do not apply if you do not meet this requirement.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Must possess computer skills, including but not limited to use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with company standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Understand the nature of competitive market, to research and compile intelligence on selected markets and accounts so as to understand the buying behavior of clients and customers and the criteria for hotel selection
- Builds the departments top line revenue by adhering to sales strategy guidelines set forth by the Director of Sales & Marketing
- Conduct a successful, aggressive process involving outside sales calls, inside appointments, prospecting calls
- Solicit new and existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation (prospecting), outside sales calls, site inspections and written communication
- Develop and maintain knowledge of market trends, competition and customers
- Respond to incoming inquiries in a timely fashion, create hotel proposals and contracts
- Participate and attend trade shows, community events, industry meetings and networking opportunities.
- Clearly outline client’s room block requirements, suite requirements, and meeting and banquet space requirement so that the accurate forecasting is detailed.
- Obtain, document, and route all necessary information on definite groups including but not limited to: billing information, credit application, rooming list, catering requirements, and VIP arrangements
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
Perform any other duties as requested.
Job Type: Full-time