To act as the MEMBERSHIP MANAGER for the Cedar Park Chamber of Commerce. This position will be the main contact for the members of the Chamber. The Membership Manager will plan, coordinate and conduct a variety of membership programs and events, work with volunteers and develop relationships with our members.
FULL TIME - M-F, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. with occasional evening hours
SALARY: $30,000 base plus commission
Health Benefits available
Open Until FIlled
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Knowledge of Constant Contact a plus
- 1-3 years sales experience
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and logistics
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable learning new computer programs
- Proficient in Social Media
- Excellent people skills
SPECIFIC DUTIES: The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned this classification. They are not to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
PRIMARY STAFF RESPONSIBILITY TO Member Recruitment and Retention
- Recruit new members and sell membership investments and renewals
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for member recruitment and retention
- Develop, update and maintain outreach materials
- Remain in contact with existing members throughout the year to discuss Chamber Programs and to enhance the retention of our existing membership base
- Prepare membership report monthly showing sales and present to the President. Provide input for preparation of new member and cancellation reports
- Responsible for ensuring that account status of membership in terms of addresses, phone numbers, etc. on multiple and principle listings are current and up to date.
- Oversee requests for cancellation in a timely manner – follow up with Exit Interview
- Develop and maintain member services marketing materials
- Plan, coordinate and implement all details of membership campaigns
- Plan membership sales/promotional/retention material
- Primary responsibility with New Member Orientation
PRIMARY STAFF RESPONSIBILITY TO Member Programs and Events
- Write/edit reports to members on membership programs/services
- Encourage volunteer involvement through the Chamber’s Annual Business Plan and committee structure
- Serve as lead staff for all committees relative to the membership effort and record minutes of those meetings
- Ribbon Cuttings/Groundbreakings
- Monthly Luncheon
- Women’s Connection
- Power Networking Breakfast
- Business After Hours
- Primary Staff for all Ambassador related communications including, but not limited to, Ribbon Cuttings, Ground Breakings, After Hours Events and all special events as necessary. This will also include press releases before and after events.
Carry out the administration of all areas under their jurisdiction to include, but not limited to:
- Supervise the Ambassador program; all communications aspects for this group; recruitment, training & organization; aid volunteer leadership in their responsibilities; plan/arrange incentives/special programs as needed (including Operation Thank-You).
- Responsible for all activities involving the Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors including scheduling and attending ribbon cuttings, all After-Hours Events, other special events Ambassador meetings and social events, recruitment and maintenance of active Ambassador roster
- Responsible for setting up the meetings (includes sending notices to members)
- Responsible for Shepherding Assignments
- Work all Major Events.